From the city to the mighty Trent
June 24, 2022
Click Here To Download
This cruise takes us on more waterways than any of our other cruises. Starting in the vibrant city of Leeds.
Generally starting on the very bottom of the Leeds Liverpool canal, we move onto the Aire & Calder navigation with its large commercial locks, its then the Knottingley & Goole canal before joining the New Junction Canal, part of the South Yorkshire Navigations. We end up finishing with the Stainforth and Keadby canal before ending the cruise at Keadby just before the lock that goes out onto the Trent.
Along the way we will:
- Pass through many large locks
- Pass interesting relics of the working canal
- Watch the incredible sliding railway bridge operate
- Operate some huge lift bridges
- As ever, see some great wildlife and lovely countryside views