Locks and Saints
The mighty Wigan Flight and secluded Rufford
June 22, 2021
St Mary's Marina Nr. Ormskirk
Click Here To Download
Ranging through lovely Lancashire countryside, past Wigan pier and passing through the mighty Wigan flight where we do 24 locks in one day, this cruise is great.
As we passed along the little travelled Rufford Branch we will see an abundance of wildlife and pass next to the National trust property of Rufford Old Hall.
We also go through one of our favourite flights at Johnson Hillocks.
Along the way we will:
- Do a lot of locks!
- Travel through some super countryside
- See some interesting historic sites
- Passed by the legendary Wigan Pier
- See some interesting canal features
- And of course have the opportunity to see some great wildlife, we have even seen a large turtle on here!