Ancient & Modern
Countryside, wildlife, lakes, swing aqueduct & cosmopolitan Liverpool
Bridgewater Marina Nr. Manchester
Click Here To Download
This cruise takes in the start of modern canals in Worsley & the more recently built Liverpool Link.
Starting either in Liverpool or at the Bridgewater Marina near Manchester the cruise passes through a variety of landscapes including flashes, flooded areas resulting from mining but now nature reserves, & superb countryside.
Along the way we will:
- Visit Worsley, the birth place of modern canals,
- Cross the Manchester ship canal on the Barton Swing Aqueduct
- Pass Wigan Pier
- Go through typical English countryside
- Travel along Liverpool’s historic waterfront passing by the photogenic Three Graces
- Moor up in Salthouse dock
- Have time to explore vibrant Liverpool